BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Wolfram
Calcite | Level 5

How is this done? I'd like to use the ODS output to exhibit a simple forecast from a polynomial regression. Id like both axis minimums to be 0, but the ODS output fits it to the data.

4 REPLIES 4
Reeza
Super User

You have to find the template and modify it.

It isn't as scary as it seems at first Smiley Happy.

http://support.sas.com/rnd/app/ODSGraphics/TipSheet_GraphTemplateModification.pdf

EDIT: I should say, one way...there are possibly others.

Wolfram
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks Reeze, I'm looking through that and not really seeing how to get it done. Though it would seem the ODS output is not what im looking for, since it only seems to plot a single X against the Y.

The code for the regression I'm trying to plot is as follows:

proc reg data=revreg2;

model revenue=xr2 XR /white spec;

run;

So basically I want my Y to be revenue and my X to be xr2 + XR. What would be the best way to do this graphically, with confidence bands? And with being able to control the max and min on the axes?

Reeza
Super User

If you can extract the data from proc reg using an output or out dataset you can plot it manually using PROC SGPLOT.

Then you'll have full control. Not sure where/how you'll get the confidence bands though.

Jay54
Meteorite | Level 14

Set ODS TRACE ON and find the template REG procedure to create the graph.  Then, in the template find the LAYOUT OVERLAY statement.  Set the following option.

LAYOUT OVERLAY / XAXISOPTS=(LINEAROPTS=(VIEWMIN=0));

If using Reeza's suggestion, use SGPLOT procedure to render the plot.  Use XAXIS MIN=0 to get the right axis scaling.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation