BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
pkfamily
Obsidian | Level 7

I sincerely hope this question has not been posted already since I do hate wasting the time of others. With that said, how do I change the Main Title in the fit plot produced by PROC GLM. For example, in the plot below, how do I change "Fit Plot for mpg" to lets say "Fit plot for Miles per Gallon". As far as I know, changing the label for the variable will not do this.

Fit Plot

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PGStats
Opal | Level 21

You would normally need to play with the graph template. I find it less trouble to OUTPUT the predicted and limit values and produce my own graph with SGPLOT. But in this case, you could get away with a renaming the variable to a literal name:

option validvarname=any;
proc glm data=sashelp.cars(rename=mpg_city='Miles Per Gallon'n) plots(only)=fitplot;
model 'Miles Per Gallon'n = horsepower;
run;

FitPlot1.png

PG

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
PGStats
Opal | Level 21

You would normally need to play with the graph template. I find it less trouble to OUTPUT the predicted and limit values and produce my own graph with SGPLOT. But in this case, you could get away with a renaming the variable to a literal name:

option validvarname=any;
proc glm data=sashelp.cars(rename=mpg_city='Miles Per Gallon'n) plots(only)=fitplot;
model 'Miles Per Gallon'n = horsepower;
run;

FitPlot1.png

PG
pkfamily
Obsidian | Level 7

Wow that's crazy. I didn't realize you could change variable names to literal ones. I would also like to add that variable names are still limited to 32 characters which would also limit the title length using the above method.

ballardw
Super User

You could change the template for the Fit plot  (Stat.GLM.Graphics.Fit).

The change would be to modify the line:

entrytitle _TITLE " for " _DEPNAME;

to

entrytitle _TITLE " for " _DEPLABEL;

to use the dependent variable label in the title.

PhanS
Obsidian | Level 7

Dear PGstats,

I thank you in advance for you time and help.

In my case, I am looking to output from proc glm to proc template (or proc sgplot). Alternatively, if I cannot, I want to change: 1) Title of the graph to 'Analysis of covariance for Differences in HS'; the X Title to '2006HS'; 3) the Y Title to '2009HS'; and to re-grading into 5 intervals.

Best regards,SAS inquiry - Change graph titles.jpg

Phan S. 

PhanS
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you so much for your prompt help, although I got lost at and thereafter entrytitle _TITLE

Everything become red syntax 

ods graphics on;
%let Graphics_AnomPlot2 = My Second Title;
proc logistic data=Neuralgia;
ods select anomplot;
class Treatment Sex / param=glm;
model Pain= Treatment|Sex Age;
lsmeans Treatment / plots=anom;
run;

* Suppress both titles.;
%let Graphics_AnomPlot = ;
%let Graphics_AnomPlot2 = ;
proc logistic data=Neuralgia;
ods select anomplot;
class Treatment Sex / param=glm;
model Pain= Treatment|Sex Age;
lsmeans Treatment / plots=anom;
run;

my Trouble thereafter the below------------------

entrytitle _TITLE;
entrytitle textattrs=GRAPHVALUETEXT _CLSTR;
mvar Graphics_AnomPlot Graphics_AnomPlot2;
if (EXISTS(GRAPHICS_ANOMPLOT))
entrytitle GRAPHICS_ANOMPLOT;
else
entrytitle _TITLE;
endif;
if (EXISTS(GRAPHICS_ANOMPLOT2))
entrytitle GRAPHICS_ANOMPLOT2;
else
entrytitle textattrs=GRAPHVALUETEXT _CLSTR;
endif;

%grtitle;
%grtitle(path=stat);
%grtitle(path=stat.logistic);

proc template; list / store=work.templat; quit;

WarrenKuhfeld
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

The entrytitle part explains how things work.  You don't submit them.  You have to read the what to do part and follow those instructions.  If you continue into the how it works section you have to realize that code that is shown is not necessarily designed for you to submit.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 in conversation