BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
DCMarks
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I am trying to get acquainted with SAS Studio even as I need for my course. I have code for gplot, but none of my instructors know how to use SAS studio either??? Here is the necessary code can anyone help with translating this regression scatter plot to studio speak! 

PROC GPLOT DATA=lead;
PLOT iq*miles = first2y / VAXIS=axis1 HAXIS=axis2 LEGEND=legend1;
SYMBOL1 I=rl VALUE=circle COLOR=black LINE=3 WIDTH=2;
SYMBOL2 I=rl VALUE=dot COLOR=black LINE=1 WIDTH=2;
AXIS1 LABEL = (FONT=ARIAL HEIGHT=2.5 ANGLE=90 POSITION=center)
VALUE= (FONT=ARIAL HEIGHT=2;
AXIS2 LABEL = (FONT=ARIAL HEIGHT=2.5 POSITION=center)
VALUE= (FONT=ARIAL HEIGHT=2;
LEGEND1 FRAME LABEL=(FONT=ARIAL HEIGHT= 1.5) VALUE=(FONT=ARIAL HEIGHT=1.5)
POSITION=(bottom inside right) ACROSS=1;
FORMAT first2y yes1no2.;
RUN;

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DanH_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Since your original request was for a regression fit, it requires only a small change to the code given by Reeza:

proc sgplot data=lead;
reg x=miles y=iq/group=first2y;
format first2y yes1no2.;
run;

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Reeza
Super User

I'm assuming SAS UE, otherwise the following may not apply.

Take a look at the Snippets for graphs or the Tasks for graphs. If your graph fits one of those criteria you can use the point and click interface to generate your plot. The code is then available for you to customize. The options tab is there for further customization.

DELETE - Graph Tasks.png

DCMarks
Calcite | Level 5

Yes, I found these choices too, but with all the information presented in the multple regression coupled with the fact that I am just learning that too makes feel like I would not place all the information in the correct places.

Reeza
Super User

There's really only 1 line to copy/recode, the rest is styling and formatting it to look the way you want.

PLOT iq*miles = first2y / VAXIS=axis1 HAXIS=axis2 LEGEND=legend1;

Which is in the format

y*x=group

So

x=miles

y=iq

Group=first2y

proc sgplot data=lead;
scatter x=miles y=iq/group=first2y;
format first2y yes1no2.;
run;
DCMarks
Calcite | Level 5
Thank you for your help a have been plying with it and found that the scatter plot option gave me what I needed with less confusing options that the regression option
Problem solved for now thank you!
DanH_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Since your original request was for a regression fit, it requires only a small change to the code given by Reeza:

proc sgplot data=lead;
reg x=miles y=iq/group=first2y;
format first2y yes1no2.;
run;
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

You will find this website very useful if learning SGPLOT and GTL:

http://blogs.sas.com/content/graphicallyspeaking/

There are thousands of examples of code for most graph types.  Also, please don't code all in upcase, it makes it very hard to read.  Use consistent casing, indentations etc. (note you can use the {i} symbol above the post to put code in as this keeps formatting), for example:

proc gplot data=lead;
  plot iq*miles = first2y / vaxis=axis1 haxis=axis2 legend=legend1;
  symbol1 i=rl value=circle color=black line=3 width=2;
  symbol2 i=rl value=dot color=black line=1 width=2;
  axis1 label = (font=arial height=2.5 angle=90 position=center) value= (font=arial height=2;
  axis2 label = (font=arial height=2.5 position=center) value= (font=arial height=2;
  legend1 frame label=(font=arial height= 1.5) value=(font=arial height=1.5) position=(bottom inside right) across=1;
  format first2y yes1no2.;
run;

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation