BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
lizzy28
Quartz | Level 8

Hi all,

This is the very first time I am using SAS to do a customized chart. I have SAS 9.3

I tried to draw confidence intervals in gplot and find the thread

So I bascially followed Sanjay's codes like.

proc template;   define statgraph errorbars;     begingraph;       entrytitle 'Product Revenue';       layout overlay / yaxisopts=(offsetmin=0) xaxisopts=(display=(ticks tickvalues line));      barchart x=product y=revenue;         scatterplot x=product y=revenue / yerrorupper=upper yerrorlower=lower markerattrs=(size=0);       endlayout;     endgraph;   end; run; 

But, I cannot figure out how to change the color of the bars. Can anyone tell me how to do that?

Here is my data:

daysMeanUpperLower
0 day34.3631.9736.76
1-3 days37.7533.8741.64
4-7 days42.6938.4346.96
>7 days48.6043.0754.12

"days" is my x-axis, and "Mean" is the variable I want to plot for a bar chart, with 95% CI of upper and lower values.

Thanks so much!

Lizi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jay54
Meteorite | Level 14

If you have SAS 9.3 or later, you can do this using the SGPLOT procedure.

Use LIMITATTRS to change the color of the error bars.

You can change the color of the bars themselves using FILLATTRS.  SGPLOT has very extensive features and you can see product documentation for all the details.

title 'Revenue by Product';

proc sgplot data=error;

vbarparm category=product response=revenue / limitupper=upper limitlower=lower

limitattrs=(color=red);

xaxis display=(nolabel);

run;

Bar_Error_SG.png

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Jay54
Meteorite | Level 14

It is always useful to include the Version number of SAS you are using, as the answer depends on that information.  Preferably, include a full working program with sample data you have already built. SGPLOT may be sufficient for you needs.  Please see 

lizzy28
Quartz | Level 8

Sorry, I'll keep that in my mind. I have SAS 9.3. I also just added some sample data in my question. Thanks a lot.

Jay54
Meteorite | Level 14

If you have SAS 9.3 or later, you can do this using the SGPLOT procedure.

Use LIMITATTRS to change the color of the error bars.

You can change the color of the bars themselves using FILLATTRS.  SGPLOT has very extensive features and you can see product documentation for all the details.

title 'Revenue by Product';

proc sgplot data=error;

vbarparm category=product response=revenue / limitupper=upper limitlower=lower

limitattrs=(color=red);

xaxis display=(nolabel);

run;

Bar_Error_SG.png

Jay54
Meteorite | Level 14

Note: VBARPARM draws the data as you provide it without any summarization.  It is designed for pre summarized data by category, and allows you to specify your own error limits.  If you have two observations for "Desks", a second bar will be drawn over the first one for "Desks".   You will see a log message.

If you want the statement to summarize data, use VBAR, but you will then get the error bars based on the other statement options.

lizzy28
Quartz | Level 8

Thanks, Sanjay.

I have one more question: is it possible to change the font of x-axis(Desks, Chairs, Lamps) /y-axis (0, ...,2000) labels?

Jay54
Meteorite | Level 14

Most things can be customized.  See VALUEATTRS or LABELATTRS on the axis statements.

This Blog has many examples of SGPLOT usage:

http://blogs.sas.com/content/graphicallyspeaking/

djrisks
Barite | Level 11

Lizi,

I agree with Sanjay regarding the useful information to include. i.e. the version number of SAS, and please see the tip.

I'm guessing that you need to include the following within your SCATTERPLOT statement to change the color of the bars.

ERRORBARATTRS = (color = red)

You can also choose other colors apart from red.

Thanks.

lizzy28
Quartz | Level 8

Thanks, Dirisks! I tried including ERRORBARATTRS = (color = red) at the end of the SCATTERPLOT statement. It looks there is no error message, but I do not see the bar color change.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 3 in conversation