BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
AndyGator
Calcite | Level 5
For some reason I can no longer import CGM files into Word or Powerpoint. I've checked and the Microsoft CGM filter is still installed (and I've reinstalled). As far as I know nothing has changed. Windows XP, Office 2003, SAS 9.2. Yes, I know, this isn't a SAS problem per se, but I've gotten no where via Microsoft so I'm hoping someone here will have an idea.
7 REPLIES 7
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
According to the Microsoft site:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290362

it says of the CGM filter that:
"The Computer Graphics Metafile graphics filter (Cgmimp32.flt) supports Version 1 of CGM 1992. ... CGM 1992 Versions 2, 3, and 4 are not supported."

have you checked the CGM version of the images you are trying to insert into Word??

cynthia
AndyGator
Calcite | Level 5
I've tried CGM files created by SAS (the same files that I was able to view last week) as well as the test CGM file that comes with windows when the filter is installed (MS.CGM). I'm not sure how to tell what version of CGM these are, but I don't think it's a version issue.
GraphGuy
Meteorite | Level 14
I know this will sound like a "cop out", but perhaps try rebooting your PC(?) Maybe it's gotten into a weird state.

Also, can you try it on any co-workers PCs, to see if it still works there?
AndyGator
Calcite | Level 5
I've tried rebooting. Will try another machine today and see what happens.
DanH_sas
SAS Super FREQ
One other alternative: could you use an EMF output instead of CGM? EMF should give you the same scalability in Microsoft products as CGM, if that is the goal.

Thanks!
Dan
AndyGator
Calcite | Level 5
Thanks Dan, that is indeed the goal. Have not used EMF before, but that may be the best solution at this point.
AndyGator
Calcite | Level 5
Never got the cgm to work, but the emf's are doing the trick so while I'm frustrated to never figure out the cgm problem at least I can continue with my work. Thanks for the help.

Andy

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation