BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
craig159753
Quartz | Level 8

Hi, so I am producing a box plot in SAS 9.4 using the GTL method. The output works perfectly and all is fine, other than I need a permanent data set. I can see each time the plot runs 3 data sets get produced, one of which contains the summary statistics, such as the mean, median, etc. I need this data sets stored permenantly, however it seems the name of this data set are very random, is there a way to determine or define the datasets name, so i can store the summary data set. Currenlty it is called

_DOCTMP000000000000000000000000000564

Which isnt much use.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DanH_sas
SAS Super FREQ

I'm assuming you are writing the GTL and using PROC SGRENDER to render the template with your data. The best way to get the computed data is to use the ODS OUTPUT statement right before the PROC SGRENDER invocation. Assuming you want a data set called "boxdata.sas7bdat":

ods output sgrender=boxdata;

proc sgrender data=whatever template=boxtmpl; run;

proc print data=boxdata; run; /* in case you want to see it in table output */

You can use a libname other than the default "work" to store it permanently.

Hope this helps!

Dan

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
DanH_sas
SAS Super FREQ

I'm assuming you are writing the GTL and using PROC SGRENDER to render the template with your data. The best way to get the computed data is to use the ODS OUTPUT statement right before the PROC SGRENDER invocation. Assuming you want a data set called "boxdata.sas7bdat":

ods output sgrender=boxdata;

proc sgrender data=whatever template=boxtmpl; run;

proc print data=boxdata; run; /* in case you want to see it in table output */

You can use a libname other than the default "work" to store it permanently.

Hope this helps!

Dan

craig159753
Quartz | Level 8
ods listing close; 
ods rtf file = "&figure.\&outname..rtf" style = tfl headery=800 footery=345 author="&sysuserid"; ods graphics / reset imagefmt = png; ods output sgrender = boxdata;

proc sgrender
data = adlb (where = (paramn = &i.))
template = layoutoverlay;
** Define the dynamic labels;
dynamic xlabel = "Visit"
ylabel = "&param.";
run;

ods rtf close;
ods listing;

Hi Dan, thanks for your suggestion, yes am using GTL and PROC SGRENDER. It looks like what you are trying to say is what I want, above is my new code, when I run it I am met with a warining:

WARNING: Output 'sgrender' was not created. Make sure that the output object name, label, or path is spelled
correctly. Also, verify that the appropriate procedure options are used to produce the requested
output object. For example, verify that the NOPRINT option is not used.

I am running SAS EG

craig159753
Quartz | Level 8

Oh wait I got it, you clearlly said "right before the SGRENDER". I had a bit of code between the two.

Thanks Dan

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation