BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SusanParker
Calcite | Level 5

I have someone new to graphics that could use a course, in addition to the books available.  I didn't see anything in the training section or that was going to be offered at SGF.

8 REPLIES 8
Jay54
Meteorite | Level 14

If you are in the Houston area next week, I am teaching a 1/2 day course on "Clinical Graphs using SAS 9.2 SG Procedures" on Monday at SCSUG.

SusanParker
Calcite | Level 5

That's a little too soon to get anyone there.  When and where are you teaching next? 

Jay54
Meteorite | Level 14

I am not, but maybe Cynthia knows of some.

In the meantime, here are some resources:

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Susan:

We are finishing a course on ODS Graphics, and it still has to go through a formal edit process. So I don't look for the new course to be available until early next year. If you put your name on the interest list, you will get an email as soon as we advertise it. (Put your contact information into the form and then put ODS GRAPHICS training in the comment box http://support.sas.com/training/forms/interest_us.html). The title of the course will be ODS Graphics: Essentials.

Meanwhile, if you need training on "classic" SAS/GRAPH procedures, we do have the SAS/GRAPH 1: Essentials course (https://support.sas.com/edu/schedules.html?id=501&ctry=US).

cynthia

link to interest list:

SusanParker
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks Cynthia!  I think that ODS Graphics and the SG Procedures are the wave of the future, so we can wait until the new course is available.  Will it cover any GTL?

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi,

It will cover a little GTL, but not a lot. (Warren's book is a great reference book on GTL; followed by any of Sanjay's posts on the subject.) 

The approach of the new course will focus mostly on the SG procedures and the ODS Graphics Designer. Since you'll be able to accomplish most of what you want to do (80-90%) using the SG Procedures or the ODS Graphics Designer -- we anticipate that the bulk of our audience will be using those 2 components -- or using them to generate GTL, which they will then "tweak" or refine.

cynthia

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Warren Kuhfeld is teaching an ODS graphics course in San Francisco at SAS Global Forum 2013: http://support.sas.com/events/sasglobalforum/2013/sunday.html#wk

TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

I took Warren's course a couple of years ago, and found it and the book that come with it very worthwhile.

Tom

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 in conversation