BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.

Hi,

I am using the Template and the Sgrender procedures to create a heatmap graphic. I have some missing values in my data, and I use the white color to see them. I would like to add this color next to the heatmap legend so other people would know that white=missing, but I did not find a way to do this.

If anyone has an idea, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

I haven't done this myself, but look at the LEGENDITEM statement.  The example at the end looks like you ought to be able to do something like this (untested):

legenditem type=marker name="missingVal" / markerattrs=(color=white symbol=squarefilled size=14)

label="Missing Value";

Then use a DISCRETELEGEND statement inside the LAYOUT OVERLAY to place the missing value swatch where you want it.

Of course, the simpler way is to use TITLE2 or FOOTNOTE  🙂

footnote "The color white represents a missing value";

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

I haven't done this myself, but look at the LEGENDITEM statement.  The example at the end looks like you ought to be able to do something like this (untested):

legenditem type=marker name="missingVal" / markerattrs=(color=white symbol=squarefilled size=14)

label="Missing Value";

Then use a DISCRETELEGEND statement inside the LAYOUT OVERLAY to place the missing value swatch where you want it.

Of course, the simpler way is to use TITLE2 or FOOTNOTE  🙂

footnote "The color white represents a missing value";

Ceciestunnomtemporaire
Fluorite | Level 6

Yes it's working fine. I just had to add a slash before "markerattrs".

Thanks and have a great day !

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Ah, yes. Sorry. I editted my response to fix that error, in case someone else searches for your question and finds this page.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation