BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
CCHB
Calcite | Level 5

Hola,

I have 2 Graph Builder questions:

1. In a scatter plot, why is it possible to add error bars to the mean but not the median? Could someone please offer advise on how to get around this?

2. How can you use more than one overlay condition? e.i. I want to graph leaf area (Y variable) by leaf age (X variable= 9 different ages) using two overlays for the Y variable as follows:

Overlay 1 = tree (4 different trees)

Overlay 2 = canopy position (2 different canopy positions: sun and shade)

So that I end up with a single line graph with 2 lines for each tree, one for sun leaves and one for shade leaves. I have tried this before but Graph Builder only accepts one overlay. My data is arranged in 4 different columns: 1 for leaf area, 1 for leaf age, 1 for tree number and 1 for canopy position.

I have a bit of experience making small modifications to scripts that graph builder creates but I am not a programmer and my attempts have been unsuccessful so far, I would very much appreciate any help on this.

Many thanks in advance for the help, Cecilia

3 REPLIES 3
Jay54
Meteorite | Level 14

If your question is about the JMP Graph Builder, you will likely get better response if you post it in the discussion group for "JMP Software" in the SAS Support Communities..

CCHB
Calcite | Level 5

Aplogogies, is this discussion group only for programmers?

Jay54
Meteorite | Level 14

As the title says, this is for "SAS/GRAPH and ODS Graphics".  The  "JMP Software" group is monitored by the JMP support folks and many JMP users who can chime in and help.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation