BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
TomA
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I currently generate output using ODS HTML, which contains a graph,and a table beneath it, using the ACTIVEX device driver.  This code has been in production for at least a couple of years.  Recently, a minor change to the input dataset was made.  Now, for some reason, some users can see the graph and the table, and other users can only see the table.

If I use a different device, such as ACTXIMG, it seems that everyone can see both the table and the graph.   I can't find out what may have changed to cause this .  Also, there is other code still running, that creates output in the same manner, that everyone can still see.

Any thoughts ?

Thanks, Tom

2 REPLIES 2
GraphGuy
Meteorite | Level 14

Curious - if you use data from before the change, and re-generate the dev=activex graphs with your current version of SAS, can all the users see the graph?

Sounds like maybe some users installed an older SAS/Graph activex control than others. That's the only reason I can think of why some users can view the new-data graphs and some can't.

My recommendation would be to avoid the dev=activex (and dev=java) versions of the SAS/Graph output. I would recommend using dev=png.

TomA
Calcite | Level 5
Yes, the users can see the graphs created with the old data, But with the only change being the input dataset, some users can not see the graphs.....but still see the previous graphs. Possibly I should have these users download the current activex control ?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation