BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
tc
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 tc
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

ePoster.png

Watch YouTube Demo

If anyone's curious, my 2018 SASGF e-Poster, a big – 40.97” x 23.04” (best viewed on a 4K monitor!) – interactive PowerPoint presentation with VBA macros that enable one to quickly view 68 SAS code samples and their ODS Graphics chart output, can be downloaded from Microsoft OneDrive (like many other sites, this site doesn't permit .pptm files to be uploaded). You'll have to run the PowerPoint locally - macros aren't yet supported in the Cloud.

When you mouseover a box that represents one of the 68 examples, the SAS ODS Graphics chart image output will pop-up adjacent to the box. And when you click on a box, the SAS code that generated the image will pop-up adjacent to the box.

Attached below are an accompanying paper and a text file with all the SAS code for the examples - much easier to use than trying to extract it from that crammed-full-of-images-and-SAS-code single PowerPoint slide!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
hollandnumerics
Pyrite | Level 9

tc and RobertAllison_SAS,

I like what you are trying to present, but, having a doctorate in Chemistry, I can't accept how you've re-purposed the Periodic Table. To me this representation should always group related items together in columns (and, lower down, in rows), but NEVER split them (see your links for S, Li, Bx, Tx and Sc). While I've not recreated your clickable image in its entirety, I have been moved to re-organized your links.

Hopefully you'll be able to see what my "Chemistry" self is trying to demonstrate..............Phil

Periodic_Table_of_ODS_Graphics(v2).png

Philip R Holland
Holland Numerics: Blog and Forums
http://blog.hollandnumerics.org.uk

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Thanks for sharing this @tc! I downloaded the PPTM file and tried it out -- it's a very cool approach for building an interactive survey of the many ODS graphics techniques.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
tc
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

To paraphrase George Box, “All stupid-VBA-tricks are wrong but some are useful.” Smiley Happy

Btw, when I was playing show-and-tell with this at SASGF, @Jay54 asked if I’d thought of providing the viewer with a way to grab the SAS ODS Graphics code directly from the e-Poster - e.g., copying it to the clipboard, so it could be copied into or submitted from a SAS session. I hadn’t, but agree it would indeed be a nice enhancement for the viewer (and possibly only require a 1-line change!).

GraphGuy
Meteorite | Level 14

I've created a slightly different interface, that doesn't rely on Powerpoint/VBA, and is therefore easier to put up on the web for others to view. Here it is, if you'd like to try it out...

https://blogs.sas.com/content/sastraining/2018/04/19/a-periodic-table-of-sas-ods-graphics/

hollandnumerics
Pyrite | Level 9

tc and RobertAllison_SAS,

I like what you are trying to present, but, having a doctorate in Chemistry, I can't accept how you've re-purposed the Periodic Table. To me this representation should always group related items together in columns (and, lower down, in rows), but NEVER split them (see your links for S, Li, Bx, Tx and Sc). While I've not recreated your clickable image in its entirety, I have been moved to re-organized your links.

Hopefully you'll be able to see what my "Chemistry" self is trying to demonstrate..............Phil

Periodic_Table_of_ODS_Graphics(v2).png

Philip R Holland
Holland Numerics: Blog and Forums
http://blog.hollandnumerics.org.uk
tc
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Thanks for the tutoring, Phil! I’ll have to take the blame for this one - Robert just stayed true to my e-Poster, which I’m afraid took the kind of “creative liberties” that one might expect from someone whose chemistry education ended with a less-than-stellar grade in CHEM101. Smiley Happy

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 4 in conversation