BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
tgalliga
Calcite | Level 5

Hi All,

I have a question for you. I was trying to graph 2 bars and 2 lines on the one chart. The bars are discrete and the lines are percentages. The table is already calculated

Region

month

Count_1

Count_2

Percent_1

Percent_2

North

01/01/2000

25%

27%

North

01/01/2000

10%

30%

%let gpath = 'C:\Users\\Downloads\';

ods listing style=htmlblue gpath=&gpath;

ods graphics / reset width=10in height=6in imagename='BarLine3';

proc sgplot data=FILTER_FOR_REGION_DATA;

title 'My Graph';

vbar month / response= Count_1 group=region nostatlabel datalabel dataskin=gloss name='a' nofill;

vbar month / response= Count_2 group=region  nostatlabel datalabel dataskin=gloss name='a' nofill;

vline month / response= Percent_1 group=region nostatlabel y2axis lineattrs=(thickness=5) datalabel=RSQUOTETOBMPREM_NB;

vline month / response= Percent_2 group=region nostatlabel y2axis lineattrs=(thickness=5) datalabel=RSQUOTETOBMPREM_RNL;

yaxis min=0 offsetmin=0 values=(0 to 1500 by 100) grid label=’';

y2axis min=0 offsetmin=0 label='title';

xaxis display=(nolabel);

keylegend 'a' / title='';

run;

This works ok as you can see the bars through each other. I’d love to have them side by side. 

6 REPLIES 6
djrisks
Barite | Level 11

Hi, I'm guessing that you may need to use the GROUPDISPLAY = CLUSTER to achieve the side by side look. Can you please send me your dataset or upload a picture so I can see how it looks at the moment?

Thanks.

tgalliga
Calcite | Level 5

Can you use the dataset in the my original post? That is the data what I want to graph.

GraphGuy
Meteorite | Level 14

I think this code will create the a dataset containing the data in the printed table:

data FILTER_FOR_REGION_DATA;

infile datalines dlm=':';

length Region $10;

format month date9.;

format Percent_1 Percent_2 percent7.0;

informat month anydtdte10.;

informat Percent_1 Percent_2 percent7.0;

input Region month Count_1 Count_2 Percent_1 Percent_2;

datalines;

North:01/01/2000:5:10:25%:27%

North:01/01/2000:10:15:10%:30%

;

run;

DanH_sas
SAS Super FREQ

I'm not sure of your SAS version, but try using the DISCRETEOFFSET and BARWIDTH options together:

vbar month / response= Count_1 group=region discreteoffet=-0.2 barwidth=0.4 nostatlabel datalabel dataskin=gloss name='a' nofill;

vbar month / response= Count_2 group=region discreteoffet=0.2 barwidth=0.4 nostatlabel datalabel dataskin=gloss name='a' nofill;

tgalliga
Calcite | Level 5

hi folks, here is the full code. It works. Thank you so much. i think the graph looks great.

data FILTER_FOR_REGION_DATA;

infile datalines dlm=':';

length Region $10;

format month date9.;

format Percent_1 Percent_2 percent7.0;

informat month anydtdte10.;

informat Percent_1 Percent_2 percent7.0;

input Region month Count_1 Count_2 Percent_1 Percent_2;

datalines;

North:01/01/2000:5:10:25%:27%

North:01/02/2000:10:15:12:30%

North:01/03/2000:10:15:14%:32%

North:01/04/2000:10:15:16%:33%

North:01/05/2000:10:15:18%:36%

North:01/06/2000:10:15:19%:38%

run;

proc sgplot data=work.FILTER_FOR_REGION_DATA;

title 'My Graph'; 

vbar month / response= Count_1 group=region discreteoffet=-0.25 barwidth=0.35 nostatlabel datalabel dataskin=gloss name='a' nofill; 

vbar month / response= Count_2 group=region discreteoffet=0.25 barwidth=0.35 nostatlabel datalabel dataskin=gloss name='a' nofill; 

vline month / response=Percent_1 group=region y2axis lineattrs=(thickness=5) datalabel=Percent_1;

vline month / response=Percent_2 group=region y2axis lineattrs=(thickness=5) datalabel=Percent_2;   yaxis min=0 offsetmin=0 values=(0 to 150 by 10) grid label='Risk Class Count';   y2axis min=0 offsetmin=0 label='title';   xaxis display=(nolabel); 

keylegend 'a' / title='';

run;

sas graph.jpg
djrisks
Barite | Level 11

Thank you for the code to generate the dataset Robert.

Tgalliga, the GROUPDISPLAY = CLUSTER option I mentioned is when the data is in a different format. I suggest that you use Dan's method for the side by side look.

Thanks.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 in conversation