BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
sasuser31
Calcite | Level 5

I am submitting my figure to a journal that requires a TIFF that is 1200 dpi. I keep trying a bunch of differnt ways but I always get the same message:

WARNING: A very large output size of (X, Y) is in effect. This could make Java VM run out

of memory and result in some Java exceptions. You should reduce the output size or DPI

settings.

ERROR: Java virtual machine exception. java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space.

I assume that 1200 DPI might be too big for SAS?

My latest attempt was with the following code:

goptions device=tiff;

ods listing gpath='C:\My files\tte2.tiff' ;

goptions reset=all device=tiffp xpixels=6000 xmax=6in ypixels=7200 ymax=36in;

proc sgplot data=pred1 ;

(bunch of code);

run;

I have fairly little experience with ods complexities so any advice/explanations would be helpful!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DanH_sas
SAS Super FREQ

You can increase the java heap space to help accomodate the high-dpi request. Check out this support note for the details: http://support.sas.com/kb/31/184.html

Hope this helps!

Dan

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
DanH_sas
SAS Super FREQ

You can increase the java heap space to help accomodate the high-dpi request. Check out this support note for the details: http://support.sas.com/kb/31/184.html

Hope this helps!

Dan

sasuser31
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks!! That did the trick. Though, I am now facing another problem:

WARNING: GPATH or PATH is not a writable directory. It will be ignored.

I am confused as to what "not a writable directoty" exactly means? I have full access the the spot that I was sending the .tiff so I am not sure what is going on. Any help with that issue?

DanH_sas
SAS Super FREQ

You have your filename in your GPATH specification. Just use "c:\My FIles".

One other note: for the SG procedures, you should not be using GOPTIONS to control the output. Take a look at the ODS GRAPHICS statement to control your global options for this procedure's output.

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/odsproc/69834/HTML/default/viewer.htm#p0kroq43yu0lspn16h...

Thanks!

Dan 

sasuser31
Calcite | Level 5

How can I use ODS to output a tiff file that is 1200 DPI then? I don't see a specific option for DPI unless I am outputting HTML. When I use the g

Again, I am new to this so I apologize if I am asking obvious questions!

DanH_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Try something like this:

ods listing gpath='C:\My files\' image_dpi=1200;

ods graphics / width=6000px ypixels=7200px  imagename="tte2";

proc sgplot data=pred1 ;

(bunch of code);

run;

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation