BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
acironin
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

When I run proc syslin and include stest, the test result output includes: Num DF, Den DF, F Value, Pr>F. These are useful, but I also need the specific numerator (Model MS) and denominator (Error MS) values that are used to calculate the F-value (=num/denom). How can I get these numerator and denominator values displayed?

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,

Can (John)

PS: FYI, the stest code and the out I get are below:

STEST rco1.rco2LAG1=0, rco1.rco2LAG2=0, rco1.rco2LAG3=0, rco1.rco2LAG4=0;

SAS Output

Num DF Den DF F Value Pr > F
4 1705473 19.22 0.0001
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dw_sas
SAS Employee

Hi Can,

Although PROC SYSLIN does not directly provide the numerator and denominator values associated with the F statistic, you can add the PRINT option to the STEST statement to obtain the intermediate computations.  Matrix multiplication in SAS/IML can then be used to compute the numerator of the F statistic.  The denominator is computed as the number of restrictions*system weighted MSE, where the number of restrictions is equal to the Numerator DF, and the system weighted MSE is part of the printed output of the procedure.  Please see the following documentation link for additional details:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/etsug/68148/HTML/default/viewer.htm#etsug_syslin_syntax1...

I hope this helps!

DW

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
dw_sas
SAS Employee

Hi Can,

Although PROC SYSLIN does not directly provide the numerator and denominator values associated with the F statistic, you can add the PRINT option to the STEST statement to obtain the intermediate computations.  Matrix multiplication in SAS/IML can then be used to compute the numerator of the F statistic.  The denominator is computed as the number of restrictions*system weighted MSE, where the number of restrictions is equal to the Numerator DF, and the system weighted MSE is part of the printed output of the procedure.  Please see the following documentation link for additional details:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/etsug/68148/HTML/default/viewer.htm#etsug_syslin_syntax1...

I hope this helps!

DW

acironin
Calcite | Level 5
Thank you very much for the response, DW, I really appreciate it.
Best regards,
Can
dw_sas
SAS Employee

I'm glad the information helped, Can!

Best Regards,

DW

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation