BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
TTB
Calcite | Level 5 TTB
Calcite | Level 5

I have a model in which the dependent variable and independent variables exhibit cointegration and are non-stationary, but the model structure is an ECMX (1,0) which can be interpreted that the long-run dynamics hover near or at zero. Should a different model be used in this case or has anyone else come across this situation?

2 REPLIES 2
wandas
SAS Employee
After conferring with several forecasting experts, we've concluded that this question is not clear would be better handled by contacting Technical Support. Please open a Technical Support Track and include your data and code.
TTB
Calcite | Level 5 TTB
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks.... I'm trying to resolve if this model is conceptually sound. Based on an autoregressive p= 1, the Johansen trace test results in cointegration existing between at least 2 of the 3 covariates and when I test for weak exogeneity and Granger causality tests, the model structure results in one dependendent variable (sales) and the other two being independent (gdp and hpi). The end result is a ECMX (1,0) model due to nonstationarity and cointegration with gdp and hpi explaining sales. I was informed that this model structure is conceptually unsound since there is no long run equilibrium for the variables to correct cointegration.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation