BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Amy_q
Calcite | Level 5

Hi guys,

I have build a forecast model, finding that the result of the residual white noise test as below attachment,and all the model's parameters are significant,so what does it mean? does it means there are still some useful information in resudial series?how can i improve the model?

Looking forward to your reply.

BR,

Amy_q

wn.PNG
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mitrov
SAS Employee

Hi Amy,

Indeed, it seem that the residuals has some residual structure (pardon he pun). Given that there is a high peak at lag 12, I am assuming you have monthly data and it has a seasonal component. You could try adding a seasonal factor in your model. Without knowing more about your data and model it is not easy to make more detailed suggestions. 

This paper has an overview of how to use the diagnostic plots with a few examples. You can look at the section on PROC AUTOREG for more details. 

http://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings09/243-2009.pdf

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
mitrov
SAS Employee

Hi Amy,

Indeed, it seem that the residuals has some residual structure (pardon he pun). Given that there is a high peak at lag 12, I am assuming you have monthly data and it has a seasonal component. You could try adding a seasonal factor in your model. Without knowing more about your data and model it is not easy to make more detailed suggestions. 

This paper has an overview of how to use the diagnostic plots with a few examples. You can look at the section on PROC AUTOREG for more details. 

http://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings09/243-2009.pdf

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation