BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
bmquee
Calcite | Level 5

I'm trying to figure out the technical processes for events in forecast studio. I assumed that they would operate in the model like dummy variables, but I've done a test to confirm this and it seems it is not so. I'm attaching a picture where on the left I use a level shift event and on the right I use a dummy variable that 0 before the event and 1 after. Everything else is specified the same. The differences between these two models largely relate to the CI associated with the forecasts (although the forecast estimates differ as well). However, when I do the same exercise and difference the dependent variable (and also difference the even and adjust the dummy variable accordingly) the differences are much more drastic. Can anyone comment on this issue and/or provide technical documentation of how events are functioning in the model?

test.png
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
udo_sas
SAS Employee

Hello -

SAS Forecast Studio takes advantage of a procedure called HPFEVENTS for event modeling.

You will find HPFEVENTS documentation in the SAS Forecast Server Procedures: User's Guide.

Thanks,

Udo

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
bmquee
Calcite | Level 5

i realized that an intercept was included in one and not the other....

i would still be very interested to see technical documentation for events, especially pulse or temporary changes if anyone knows where i can find it!

udo_sas
SAS Employee

Hello -

SAS Forecast Studio takes advantage of a procedure called HPFEVENTS for event modeling.

You will find HPFEVENTS documentation in the SAS Forecast Server Procedures: User's Guide.

Thanks,

Udo

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation