BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
AndrePoorman
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello,

I am a new user to SAS but an experienced user of R, Python and MatLab (the first two Open Source, the third one licensed as is SAS).

There are a large number of User Groups/Forums/Communities for these languages where I always find sample code for what I am looking to implement (e.g. Potential Future Exposure Credit Risk Analysis).

I have not found much related to the Financial Analytics I typically use in communities.sas.com except e.g. one question on "where can I find code on PotentiEl Future Exposure (sic)" which was answered with a "Please post some code" or being pointed to the off-the-shelf Risk Management applications sold by SAS (costly and which cannot not be integrated in our existing internal Risk platform).

Are there other on-line User Groups/Forums/Communities for SAS with high traffic than communities.sas.com.

If yes, terrific, can't wait to hear about them.

If not, it seems like a significant handicap of using SAS vs. R, Python or MatLab

4 REPLIES 4
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

@AndrePoorman wrote:

Hello,

I am a new user to SAS but an experienced user of R, Python and MatLab (the first two Open Source, the third one licensed as is SAS).

There are a large number of User Groups/Forums/Communities for these languages where I always find sample code for what I am looking to implement (e.g. Potential Future Exposure Credit Risk Analysis).

I have not found much related to the Financial Analytics I typically use in communities.sas.com except e.g. one question on "where can I find code on PotentiEl Future Exposure (sic)" which was answered with a "Please post some code" or being pointed to the off-the-shelf Risk Management applications sold by SAS (costly and which cannot not be integrated in our existing internal Risk platform).

Are there other on-line User Groups/Forums/Communities for SAS with high traffic than communities.sas.com.

If yes, terrific, can't wait to hear about them

If not, it seems like a significant handicap of using SAS vs. R, Python or MatLab

It's not a handicap, it's one of the tremendous advantages of SAS. There is ONE place where you get answers from, and everybody working with SAS goes there (as soon as they know it exists).

If you don't find an answer here, it's because your issue is one not encountered often. Post your question(s), supply some (fake) example data, what you want to get out of it, and what you already tried.

joeFurbee
Community Manager

HI @AndrePoorman,

I agree with @Kurt_Bremser's perspective. You're in the right place to ask questions. Further, as Kurt mentioned, if you don't find what your looking for, ask.

SAS has many entry points for open source integration. To provide you with additional SAS resources for Python and R , I highly recommend you explore the resources on developer.sas.com. There you can find more information on open source integration with SAS, particularly for Python and R.

We look forward to hearing from you. Happy exploring!

Joe

Join us for SAS Community Trivia
SAS Bowl XXXVIII, SAS Programming: Getting Started
Wednesday, February 14, 2024, at 10 a.m. ET | #SASBowl

AndrePoorman
Fluorite | Level 6
Thank you for the information.
I will explore what I can do with SASPy.
So far to find information, I have searched key words in the Community space. Are there other Spaces I should be searching in separately?
sastpw
SAS Employee

Well, as for saspy, specifically, the repo, doc and examples are as follows:

https://github.com/sassoftware/saspy

https://sassoftware.github.io/saspy/index.html

https://github.com/sassoftware/saspy-examples/tree/master/SAS_contrib (saspy_example_github.ipynb) the first one as an overview

The developer.sas.com site is where many other open projects are referenced.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 in conversation