BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Shawn08
Obsidian | Level 7

I am still new in SAS and trying to modelize my first probit model. I am using the following sequence of command in order to obtain my probit estimate:

proc logistic data=pop_final;

class SEX (REF="M") AGEGR (REF="3") NON_EE (REF="0")/PARAM=REF;

model SCIENCE = SEX AGEGR NON_EE / link=probit technique=newton;

ods output parameterestimates=prbparms;

output out=outprb prob=p xbeta=xbpr;

run;

However, I would now like to replicate the margins command in STATA (http://www.stata.com/manuals13/rmargins.pdf). It allowed me to estimate margins of responses for specified values of covariates of a previously fit model. For example, following my probit model that estimated, in particular, the effect of changing industry of employment following a layoff, I was able to use the margin command to estimate the probability of a workers being laid-off from a specific industry to change industry in his following job.

Would someone know a command in SAS that could replicate what I was able to do with STATA?

Thank you in advance

2 REPLIES 2
statistician13
Quartz | Level 8

You can accomplish this with the lsmeans statement in proc genmod.  There are a number of other methods to obtain marginal means in SAS.  See here for an article that shoudl help you out:  https://support.sas.com/kb/22/604.html

Ksharp
Super User

Did you mean model a conditional logistical regression ?

Check STRATA statement , and example in documentation.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation