BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
liguang01
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Everyone!

I'm new on SAS Forecast. I want to calculate a model for a serie but I have a problem to put time ID variable.

There is some error and I don't know how I can correct it.

imagen1.JPG

The current by group has ID= CT999-45 and next by group has ID = 99777-48. Error variable count not found. That is what it says on the message.

I tried to order my dataset before but It doesn't work. I tried with linguistic order on my dataset before I read it in SAS Forecast but still nothing.

sortseq=linguistic(numeric_collation=on);

Anyone could help?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

'9' is definitely before 'C' in ASCII codes.  Looks like your data is not sorted by that variable.

liguang01
Obsidian | Level 7

Yeah I got it! I had to change my data to remove C to number for now It works.

ballardw
Super User

The linguistic sort orders are for people. The procedures that use by group or other ordered processing expect the standard internal sort order unless specifically provided an option such as NOTSORTED.

Otherwise every time you use one of the procedures you would be require to provide the expected sort order key information, i.e. which language sort was used.

liguang01
Obsidian | Level 7

There is no such option on my forecast studio. I had to replace "C" using gsub and then It worked! SAS forecast studio order data independent your data is sorted yet.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation