BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Gopack
Calcite | Level 5

I am using code like this

Proc panel data=stuff;

model y = x1 x2 x3 / fixtwo;

id CS TS;

run;

Now SAS is outputting the correct coefficients on x1 x2 and x3 as confirmed by using SAS on another machine, but it is not outputing my cross sectional and time series fixed effect dummy variables and I have no idea why?

Does anyone know what could cause this output to be missing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ets_kps
SAS Employee

Hi folks,

To simplify the output (and because often these values are often considered nuisance parameters) we changed the default to NOT print the fixed effects estimates.

Including the term PRINTFIXED on the PROC PANEL statement will print the coefficient estimates.

Proc panel data=stuff printfixed;

id CS TS;

run;

Sorry for the confusion. You can see a complete example here.

And here are more examples

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Reeza
Super User

Assuming it's default output, it could be possible if you used an ods select statement somewhere.

try adding

ods select all

before the procedure and running it.

Gopack
Calcite | Level 5

I tried the ODS Select all statement and it didn't change anything.

The box with my parameter estimates are still only showing the variables in my model and not the fixed effects even though it is clearly computing them.

ets_kps
SAS Employee

Hi folks,

To simplify the output (and because often these values are often considered nuisance parameters) we changed the default to NOT print the fixed effects estimates.

Including the term PRINTFIXED on the PROC PANEL statement will print the coefficient estimates.

Proc panel data=stuff printfixed;

id CS TS;

run;

Sorry for the confusion. You can see a complete example here.

And here are more examples

Gopack
Calcite | Level 5

ets_kps,

If you come back to this thread, first off thank you, I spent no kidding like 3 hours trying to figure out why on earth this wasn't working.

So I didn't know that I had this SAS/STAT 12.1 installed.  If I am looking up how things function in SAS am I always going to want to be looking in the SAS 12.1 documentation rather than the SAS 9.3 documentation?

ets_kps
SAS Employee

You are quite welcome, but most of the credit should go to the ETS team that helped me figure it out Smiley Happy

As to the documentation....If you have the 12.1 Analytical Products installed ( /ETS /STAT /OR etc), which is sounds as though you do,  then you probably want to look at the 12.1 documentation.  I tend to google "PROC X SAS 12.1" to get the desired result.

For the most part, looking at older versions of the documentation should give you consistent answers with the current software. However, as you found out, sometimes the defaults might change.

Stephane
Quartz | Level 8

It is incredible to change that. No kidding I have executed the code during a seminar and discovered that in front of all without to know what to do ... 😞

Even in EG 5.1 this option is not known when we write the code.

Can ETS team redirect the ETS SAS 9.3 url to ETS 12.1 ??

ets_kps
SAS Employee

Hi Stephane,

Yes, these output differences occur from time to time. Sorry it has been a trouble spot for you.

To your second question, could you clarify?  Are you looking to have SAS/ETS 12.1 documentation be the default home page? Rather than 9.x?

thanks

Stephane
Quartz | Level 8

Hi !

Thanks for your answer Smiley Happy

Well yes I think it's should be fine. Actually each time we are looking for a SAS statement or syntax help we fall on the explanation of last version of SAS so I think that ETS12.1 should be the default page rather than 9.x page. Otherwise could you note this change on the ETS12.1 page ? I think it's not a minor change.

Actually I don't understand this change. what's the official explanation ?

Thanks.

Stéphane.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 in conversation