BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
emily_i
Calcite | Level 5

Does PROC X12 forecast data for use in seasonal adjustment if I use only the X11 statement without a REGRESSION or ARIMA statement? My code is like this:

proc x12 data=unadjusted date=yyq interval=4;

by sex agegrp industry;

var Emp;

x11 mode=add outforecast;

output out=Emp_add d11;

run;

My data goes through 2013 quarter 4. When I use X11 with the OUTFORECAST option, tables D10.A and D16.A include data through 2014. Does that mean data is being forecast one year ahead and then used for seasonal adjustment? Is data forecast one year ahead by default? Thanks for your help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
udo_sas
SAS Employee

Hello -

Not sure if I will address your question, but If OUTFORECAST is specified, then forecast values are included in the output data sets. The default is the number of periods in a year, which in your case is 4.

Thanks,

Udo

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
udo_sas
SAS Employee

Hello -

Not sure if I will address your question, but If OUTFORECAST is specified, then forecast values are included in the output data sets. The default is the number of periods in a year, which in your case is 4.

Thanks,

Udo

mguckes
Calcite | Level 5

I have a similar issue but I am using PROC X13 instead. 

proc x13 data = testdata date=DATE interval=MONTH plots=none;
 var USMTO_Units;
 transform function=log;
 adjust predefined=LOM; /* use SAS predefined length of month adjustment */
 regression uservar=imts / usertype=AO;
 automdl;
 x11 outforecast;
 forecast lead = 24;
 output out=x13v3_output a1 d11;
run;

I have data for the variable of interest from Jan1996 to Feb2016.  In the table "testdata" I have data for regressor variable IMTS from Jan1996 to Feb2018.  I have been trying to get SAS to include the forecast for USMTO_Units in the table "x13v3_output" but without success, can anyone help?

Thanks,

Michael

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation