BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
mmyrto
Quartz | Level 8

When i do an override using the calculator then on the graph you can see the line for the override but also the line for the forecast. How can i keep only the line for the override?

4 REPLIES 4
udo_sas
SAS Employee

Hello -

Go to View -> Edit Forecasting View Properties. This brings up this dialog:

Properties.JPG

which will allow you to customize the content of the Forecasting View.

If you have access to Forecast Server you can also add a stored process to create a report which addresses your needs.

Thanks,

Udo

mmyrto
Quartz | Level 8
Hi, thank you for your response.

I only have SAS FS for desktop unfortunately. Is there a way on the graph to show the line connecting to the override forecast and not the model? I tried and it does not seem to be able to do that.

Thanks again

udo_sas
SAS Employee

Hello -

In SAS Forecast Studio the assumption is that overrides only concern the future - hence from a visualization point of view overrides, history, and model information are treated separately.

SAS Forecasting for Desktop provides you with access to SAS Enterprise Guide (EG).

How about exporting the final forecasts table to EG and use EG to create the plots you are interested in?

Thanks,

Udo

mitrov
SAS Employee

I don't have access to FS right now to verify, but if you unckeck the "Reconciled Forecasts" box in the option window that Udo suggested, and the series you are looking at has locked overrides that have been reconciled, you should see only a line that goes through the locked overrides.

Perhaps we could be more helpful if you could give us the big picture of what you are trying to accomplish. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation