BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
dspsas
Calcite | Level 5

I am running SAS 9.4 and I am trying to use ods output to capture the ChiSqAuto output across a proc arima which includes a by statement.  I cannot find qstats after the code is run.  It does not seem to be created.

ods output ChiSqAuto(persist=proc)=qstats;

proc arima data = all;
  identify var=dror noprint;
  estimate noprint q=2 noconstant method=ml outest=arima_a (where=(_type_='EST') keep=_type_ _status_ ma1_1 ma1_2 source       id);
  by source id;
  run;

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WarrenKuhfeld
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

For most procedures, NOPRINT means no ODS. There are unfortunate exceptions, so check the documentation to find the options that suppress printing.  You can't use ODS OUTPUT on a table that was suppressed by NOPRINT or some other no printing option.

If you are experiencing that kind of performance issues, please enter a ticke with tech support.  They can help you with that better than me. http://support.sas.com/ctx/supportform/createForm 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
WarrenKuhfeld
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Since I did not have your data, I just simplified a bit and used a sashelp data set.  This runs.  I don't use persist much.  Why do you want it here?  I think it is good practice to put the ods output statement with the proc code.

ods trace on;
proc arima data = sashelp.iris;
  ods output ChiSqAuto=qstats;
  identify var=petalwidth;
  estimate noprint q=2 noconstant method=ml outest=arima_a (where=(_type_='EST'));
  by species;
  run;

proc print data=qstats; run;
dspsas
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you.  It seems the key difference to making it work is the removal of noprint from the identify statement.  Do you know why this matters?  Also, the proc arima used to run across my dataset (2300 different by variables, about 100 obs per run) in less than a minute. It has been running for an hour and is still running.  Would appreciate any thoughts you have on why the massive decrease in speed.

WarrenKuhfeld
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

For most procedures, NOPRINT means no ODS. There are unfortunate exceptions, so check the documentation to find the options that suppress printing.  You can't use ODS OUTPUT on a table that was suppressed by NOPRINT or some other no printing option.

If you are experiencing that kind of performance issues, please enter a ticke with tech support.  They can help you with that better than me. http://support.sas.com/ctx/supportform/createForm 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation