BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Dids
Fluorite | Level 6

crossCorr.JPG

I am having difficulty coming up with the transfer model inputs. Below is the code that I have so far

proc arima data = sales plot(unpack);
identify var = x noprint;
estimate q = 2  noprint;
identify var = y crosscorr=(x) nlag = 20;
/*estimate  input = (3$(2)/(1,1)x) noint printall altparm backlim = -3 plot;*/
/*estimate  input = (3$(2)/(2)x) noint  printall altparm backlim = -3 plot;*/
estimate  input = (3$(1)/(1,2)x) noint  printall altparm backlim = -3 plot;
run; 
quit;

My question is how to come up with numerator and denominators based on the graph and differencing. I know b = 3$ since it is the number of periods it takes before xt affects yt

For s and r , I am confused:

s is from my understanding the number of lags that reside between the first spike and the beginning  of the clear dying down pattern

since I have x and y with no differencing and I set s arbitrarily to s = 2 would I write  input = 3$(1,2)/(1,2)
r is from my understanding 1 if the lags die down exponentially after the spikes or 2 if they down in a sine wave
since I have x and y with no differencing and since from the graph r = 2 would I input in SAS input = 3$(1,2)/(1,2)

I am confused on what specifically (1,2) means: does it mean first order differencing and r/s being chose at 2 or does 1,2 mean how many lags before there is a spike

If anyone can help me interpret my graph I would greatly appreciate it . 

Thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rselukar
SAS Employee

Deciding the form of a transfer function relationship is explained in a book by Pankratz, A. (1991). Forecasting with Dynamic Regression Models. New York: John Wiley & Sons.  Also see Pankratz, A. (1983). Forecasting with Univariate Box-Jenkins Models: Concepts and Cases. New York: John Wiley & Sons.  You can also check out professor Hyndman's blog on time series analysis: https://robjhyndman.com/hyndsight/arimax/

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
rselukar
SAS Employee

Deciding the form of a transfer function relationship is explained in a book by Pankratz, A. (1991). Forecasting with Dynamic Regression Models. New York: John Wiley & Sons.  Also see Pankratz, A. (1983). Forecasting with Univariate Box-Jenkins Models: Concepts and Cases. New York: John Wiley & Sons.  You can also check out professor Hyndman's blog on time series analysis: https://robjhyndman.com/hyndsight/arimax/

Hope this helps.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation