BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Forecaster
Obsidian | Level 7

Has SAS forecast studio has the ability to handle the following automatically ?

1. Additive Outliers

2, Temproary Shifts

3. Level shifts

or should all these has to be done manually ?

My other question, how is the holiday effect handled within Forecast Studio ?

Thanks and Regards

2 REPLIES 2
udo_sas
SAS Employee

Hello -

SAS Forecast Studio is using the HPFDIAG procedure behind the scenes for outlier detection.

Please consult: http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/hpfug/66108/HTML/default/viewer.htm#hpfug_hpfdiag_detail... for information about the process.

This is true for the automatic outlier detection - if you would like to handle outliers manually, then please consider using the EVENTS facility of SAS Forecast Studio.

Holidays are handled by SAS Forecast Studio through the use of events as well. SAS Forecast Studio provides access to some holiday events, such as Easter out-of-the-box, but you can customize events to your needs manually. Behind the scenes it is using the HPFEVENTS procedure - not all features of the procedure are available in the GUI, though. Documentation can be found here: http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/hpfug/66108/HTML/default/viewer.htm#hpfug_hpfevents_toc....

Thanks,

Udo

manuellara
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

So if i develop a model ARIMA (not automaty), do i have to add the oulier handle???? Then, where do you see the outlier´s reports of the model i develop??? because i don´t see any outlier´s report of the model that i develop

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation