BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Werg
Calcite | Level 5

Hi everybody,

I read the 1st part of Udo's blog about using external models in SAS Forecasting.

Has anyone tried any external models in practice?

http://blogs.sas.com/content/forecasting/2011/09/19/guest-blogger-udo-sglavo-on-including-r-models-i...

Have a good weekend!

Wevergton

2 REPLIES 2
Snurre_SAS
SAS Employee

As a SAS consultant I've worked with external forecasts in SAS Forecast Server on a number of projects. The main reason has been the company's request to include forecasts generated the way they used to be generated into the forecast flow provided by SAS Forecast Server. For instance, if the company historically has calculated forecasts as simple averages of indexed time periods (the forecast for January is the average of actual values from previous years January) including these as external forecasts in SAS allows you to compare them to forecasts generated by exponential smoothing models, ARIMA models and UCM models.

Please let me know if you have further comments or questions.

Cheers,

Snurre

Werg
Calcite | Level 5

Snurre,

Thank you!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation