BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
HarshadMadhamshettiwar
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello Experts,

Hope you all are doing good.

Starting this discussion to know and explore more about the Forecasting methods in SAS.

I often use the several forecasting techniques in software or tool like SAP APO Demand Planning and Forecast Pro Trac to generate basic statistical forecast as a baseline.

We do this for thousands of product and above tools are pretty good at their job. Both tools have the feature of applying Automodel or other tool call it Expert Selection, this feature allows you to forecast multiple thousands of products AT SAME TIME and the tools intelligently selects the model for each of the products in the dataset based on its history, later this models can be optimized by changing the alpha, beta , gamma,..........etc...etc.....

When I tried using the SAS system's PROC ESM and PROC Forecast I couldn't find any option to apply the automodel or the expert selection which caused same model to be applied to all the products irrespective of the history and the pattern thereof exhibited by every product. Is there any way to achieve what we want or these PROC's are meant to be used for individual products.

Whereas I see the automodel in Time Series Forecasting System GUI of SAS.

Thanks.

Harshad M Smiley Happy;

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation