BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
datalligence
Fluorite | Level 6
i got the actual spike in sales during a campaign (event period - 1 week). what i am trying to do is forecast daily sales during this 7-day period using historical daily sales in the past 1 or 2 years. then i want to compare the actual sales and the forecast, and make statements like - "because of the campaign, sales are 15% higher than what would have been the actual sales if there was no campaign"

any suggestions on how to go about it? any particular technique that would be more appropriate here?

thanks.
1 REPLY 1
udo_sas
SAS Employee
Hello -
Have a look at the UCM capabilities of SAS (available both in SAS/ETS and SAS Forecast Server). Unobserved component models "decompose" the model into components, so the impact of an event can be understood in a straight forward manner.
Thanks,
Udo

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation