BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
tanyuanbin
Calcite | Level 5
Hi,

Does anyone can help on this:

When I ran X12 procedure, I need to output the forecasts table into a data set, however, the OUT= option can not do this table of ForecastCL, it marks as 'P'. the helper also said 'Data from displayed tables can be extracted into data sets using the Output Delivery System (ODS). '
But when I checked the section of "Using the Output Delivery System" in the SAS/ETS User's Guide, it looks lacking of detail information.

It would be very much appreciated if anyone would help on this! Thank you!
2 REPLIES 2
udo_sas
SAS Employee
Hello -
Here is what I would do:
First determine the name of the ODS output object by using ODS TRACE statements in the LOG file - for example:
ods trace on;
proc x12 data=sashelp.air date=date;
var air;
transform power=0;
arima model=( (0,1,1)(0,1,1) );
estimate;
run;
ods trace off;
Let's suppose the table you are looking for is called: "AvgFcstErr" - i.e. you should see:

Output Added:
-------------
Name: AvgFcstErr
Label: Average absolute percentage error in within-sample forecasts:
Template: ets.x12.AvgFcstErr
Path: X12.AIR.ModelEstimation.AvgFcstErr

Then the following ODS statement will write this output object into a SAS data set called work.test:
ods output AvgFcstErr=work.test;
proc x12 data=sashelp.air date=date;
var air;
transform power=0;
arima model=( (0,1,1)(0,1,1) );
estimate;
run;
Hope this helps,
Udo
tanyuanbin
Calcite | Level 5
This really helps. Thank you so much for your time!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation