BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SAShole
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi SAS Friends,

I apologize for the slightly out of place question but I figured the great resources here could help Smiley Happy

My issue is that I have time-series data that trends nicely expect for this last quarter where the data generating process was changed. now some of the estimates don't trend. are there any statistical techniques i can apply to smooth out the data? i only have this last data point using the new data-generating process.

Thanks for your help,

also if you'd like to recommend a statistical/econometric forum where you think this question would be better served i'm all ears.

1 REPLY 1
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

With only a single point, I don't see how you can do much of anything.  With a couple of points, a Kalman filter might help, but it would still be greatly influenced by the historical values.

Can you apply the new data generating process to old source data in any way, such that you could detect a level change or a multiplier?

Not much help, I'm afraid.

Steve Denham

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation