Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

turn off F8 in log window?

Accepted Solution Solved
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

turn off F8 in log window?

Is there a way to prevent an accidental F8 in the log window from running the entire egp? I do not ever want to submit code from the log window, but my finger sometimes hits the button out of habit.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎05-23-2016 11:42 AM
SAS Super FREQ

Re: turn off F8 in log window?

It appears pressing F3 or F8 in a log window currently runs the entire process flow the program is in.  That is not intuitive.  If focus is in the log, I would not expect F3 or F8 to run anything, since a log is not "runnable" (for the same reason there is no Run button on the contextual toolbar for logs, but there is for programs).  I'll enter this as a suggested improvement in our tracking system, such that F3 and F8 do not run anything when focus is in a log.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Super User

I don't think EG function keys can be changed unfortunately.

Solution
‎05-23-2016 11:42 AM
SAS Super FREQ

It appears pressing F3 or F8 in a log window currently runs the entire process flow the program is in.  That is not intuitive.  If focus is in the log, I would not expect F3 or F8 to run anything, since a log is not "runnable" (for the same reason there is no Run button on the contextual toolbar for logs, but there is for programs).  I'll enter this as a suggested improvement in our tracking system, such that F3 and F8 do not run anything when focus is in a log.

Occasional Contributor

Having F8/F3 do nothing in the log window would be awesome from my point of
view. I don't ever want to run code from there and I've hosed my data in a
huge process flow a couple of times by making this mistake.

##- Please type your reply above this line. Simple formatting, no
attachments. -##
Super User

Agreed and great idea - I've ended up running all open programs accidently this way as they automatically get added to the process flow.

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation