Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

transfering local dataset to SASApp library

Accepted Solution Solved
Regular Contributor
Accepted Solution

transfering local dataset to SASApp library

Hi All,

I have a local library assigned xyz 'c:\'; and have data set under it. I have same library xyz -preassigned on SASApp and wants to transfer that datasets from local xyz library ro SASApp xyz library.

how can i do that? please advise.

Thanks,

sandip.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎01-11-2013 11:12 AM
Community Manager

Re: transfering local dataset to SASApp library

The easiest method is to use Tasks->Data->Upload Data Files to server...

This allows you to point to your local file path (no library needed) and copy the file to your SASApp library.  EG manages the file transfer.

If you want a pure code solution, you would need to use SAS/CONNECT to establish a remote library connection from your Local SAS session to your remote SASApp session.  In that case, your local SAS is the client and your remote SASApp is the server.

Chris

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎01-11-2013 11:12 AM
Community Manager

The easiest method is to use Tasks->Data->Upload Data Files to server...

This allows you to point to your local file path (no library needed) and copy the file to your SASApp library.  EG manages the file transfer.

If you want a pure code solution, you would need to use SAS/CONNECT to establish a remote library connection from your Local SAS session to your remote SASApp session.  In that case, your local SAS is the client and your remote SASApp is the server.

Chris

Regular Contributor

Thanks a lot Chris, that was quick and great help.

Contributor

Hi, ChrisHemedinger I'm also interested in the question. I am acquainted with click-run method in SAS Enterprise Guide , but I wonder whether there is any possible way(such as FTP method ) to upload the files in the local directory to SAS EG server. If possible, could you please show me a sample code? Thanks a lot.
☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation