BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
arpit
Calcite | Level 5
can anyone explaine me what is a system architecture of sas
3 REPLIES 3
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
It depends on what you mean. By "system architecture", do you mean the conceptual design that defines the structure and/or behavior of some piece of the SAS system?? And then if that's what you mean by system architecture, then you need to provide some context for your question. You could mean the system architecture of Foundation SAS; you could mean the system architecture or conceptual design of the SAS Platform for Business Analytics or Business Intelligence or you could mean the system architecture for one of the SAS solutions, such as Customer Relationship Management or Marketing Automation.

There is a LOT you could find out by using a search engine at any of these sites:
www.sas.com, www.google.com, support.sas.com -- there have been many papers on the system architecture of the SAS Platform for Business Analytics (also known as the BI Platform).

cynthia
bonesmandu
Calcite | Level 5
I just found this thread. I’m doing a bit of info gathering right now so I hope this doesn’t sound like a completely uninformed based question. i'd like to ask from a hardware perspective is it safe to assume a web portal requires (or should have) a separate web server that “points” to our SAS server that hosts our base SAS foundation?
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
That depends very much on the size of the hardware, the work you expect it to do, and how much throughput you need.

However, it is common for the web tier to be on a different machine/node than the SAS application tier (compute and data server).

You should work with your SAS account representative to obtain the best hardware sizing guidance that will suit your needs.

Chris
It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.