BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
agoldberg2018
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I am able to use the below in a conditional formula within my project in SAS enterprise guide, however, it is not accepted in sas management console upon scheduling. 

I use this is enterprise guide to convert a numeric ID to be character

(STRIP(PUT(t1.TAAGID,L10.)))

I changed it to (replaced the "L" with "Z")

(STRIP(PUT(t1.TAAGID,Z10.)))

and it successfully ran in my schedule BUT it produced blanks. So clearly it didn't actually "work" it just didnt fail.

Does anyone have a suggestion of what I can change it to so that management console schedule accepts it?

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
SASKiwi
PROC Star

What do you mean by "Management Console Schedule"? A screenshot of where you tried to add this code would be helpful. Also what scheduler are you using. Platform Process Manager (LSF) or something else? 

agoldberg2018
Calcite | Level 5

hello i am using SAS Management Console 9.4 to do the scheduling. 

I monitor it using Platform Process Manager. Does this help? 

Thank you!!

SASKiwi
PROC Star

We use the same scheduler ourselves. I'm still not sure what you are doing but you can't use SAS code in the scheduler itself, you can only use the scheduler to run SAS batch jobs - is this what you are doing and the batch job is giving different results than in EG?

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @agoldberg2018,

I would suggest you to check this with the SAS Administrator in your company. I suspect there are configuration differences between your SAS Workspace Server session (how code runs in EG) and the SAS Batch Server session (when scheduled).

It might be interesting if you add some lines to the begining of your code as:

%put _ALL_;

proc options group="LANGUAGECONTROL INPUTCONTROL";

And run this code again in your EG session and your scheduled session.

Or do a %put statement of a few key variables.

There might be significant differences on how the string is formed.

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/proc/61895/HTML/default/viewer.htm#options-overview.htm

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation