BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Ishwarkumar
Obsidian | Level 7

i'm having a data. And that data, there are details about  registered users. And i want to know, how many active users are there among the registered users.

7 REPLIES 7
PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

If you are after information about SAS platform user activity, to see active users and last login date, then I would suggest you look at the Metadata Client Activity Report in the SAS Environment Manager Report Center.

See Using the Report Center in the SAS Environment Manager 2.5: User's Guide.

Ishwarkumar
Obsidian | Level 7

I'm having a data which consist of 7000+ registered users. In that data, i want to see only active users(the users who logged in last month).

PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Is this the same question you asked on Friday? https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Enterprise-Guide/regarding-register-user-and-active-user/td-p/327...   I ask because that thread has a couple of responses on it that may be helpful, so it may be worth closing this thread and continuing the conversation on the existing one.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

@PaulHomes i merged the threads, as the question is clearly the same.

How to do it depends on what the user data looks like (how are the dates stored), so the output of proc contents would be helpful.

Or is that data not yet stored as a SAS dataset? Then we'd need some example lines.

To determine a date of one month before today, use

start_date = intnx('month',today(),-1);

or you could simply subtract a given number of days (eg 30) from the today() result.

Ishwarkumar
Obsidian | Level 7

this is the data ( gdt_login_date=29OCT2015:10:17:37.000000) and (gdt_logout_date= 29OCT2015:10:51:22.000000). Here, i have 7000+ observations which consist of registered users. among the registered users, i want only active users (who usually log in). so, here is the scenario. i want to seperate active users from registered users by using log_in date. 

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

@Ishwarkumar wrote:

this is the data ( gdt_login_date=29OCT2015:10:17:37.000000) and (gdt_logout_date= 29OCT2015:10:51:22.000000). Here, i have 7000+ observations which consist of registered users. among the registered users, i want only active users (who usually log in). so, here is the scenario. i want to seperate active users from registered users by using log_in date. 

Ok, so you have datetime values.

Then the condition for selecting a user would look like this:

if gdt_login_date > intnx('dtmonth',datetime(),-1);

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 3 in conversation