BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
mdavidson
Quartz | Level 8
I have some code that I have scheduled to run, which fails because of a warning prompt. My code that I'm running is taking 4 query results and creating a formatted excel workbook with 4 worksheets on it, one for each query.

"The results are large (8426192 bytes) and could take a long time and a large amount of system resources to add to the project.

Do you want to continue adding the results to the project?"

Is there any code I can call out at the beginning of my string to turn off/suspend these warnings?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
This is happening when running a scheduled job? That sounds like a defect in the product. I suggest that you report it to SAS technical support and we'll take a closer look at it.

In the meantime, you might be able to work around it by bumping up the number in Tools->Options->Results General: "Prompt before opening results larger than..."

The default is 5MB. Try changing it to 10 for the example you mentioned.

Chris
It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
This is happening when running a scheduled job? That sounds like a defect in the product. I suggest that you report it to SAS technical support and we'll take a closer look at it.

In the meantime, you might be able to work around it by bumping up the number in Tools->Options->Results General: "Prompt before opening results larger than..."

The default is 5MB. Try changing it to 10 for the example you mentioned.

Chris
It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
mdavidson
Quartz | Level 8
Chris,

Your fix worked perfectly. The end result of my process creates a multi-sheet excel file which is about 6MB. I made the change you suggested, and everything is working fine. Thanks.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 2 in conversation