BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
kacperdominik
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I am using SAS Enterprise Guide 6.1 and run code on a remote server.

I have the following issue:

• In my process flow I have multiple SAS codes linked with each other,
  • I can submit each of them separately,
  • However, when I try to run the whole branch by right-clicklin on the first node and selecting "Run branch from...", I see the following message:

Untitled picture.png

What might be the reason?

Notes:

• In project options I allow SAS to submit codes in parallell - I want the first code to be run, then submit multiple runs simultaneously and finalize with summarizing step,
  • My Process Flow looks like this:

Untitled picture.png

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kacperdominik
Calcite | Level 5

I found and solved issue. Last step in my flow was set to be run on a local server.

Apparently, there is no possibility to run the whole flow in the following setting:

Untitled picture.png

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Your error message seems to indicate that you either have no connection profile pointing to the remote server, or it is not activated. Go to Tools - Options - Administration and have a look there.

kacperdominik
Calcite | Level 5

Hello , thank you for your quick reply.

My Profile is defined and active. A default server for the active profile is also selected.

kacperdominik
Calcite | Level 5

I found and solved issue. Last step in my flow was set to be run on a local server.

Apparently, there is no possibility to run the whole flow in the following setting:

Untitled picture.png

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

I have seen this weird behavior before.
Your profile to run local is all right but sometimes it fails to start. This fix was s special one for that: 50262 - The error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" in SAS® Enterprise Guide® 5... . This one is not your situation.

Did you have opened the server contexts before you did run the flow? 

By that the sessions should be opened and you are are sure there is no hidden starting process that is too slow or having an other issue.      

---->-- ja karman --<-----
kacperdominik
Calcite | Level 5

- you asked "Did you have opened the server contexts before you did run the flow?"

What do you mean by that?

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

When you are starting Eguide (not running the project flow immediate) you can see the app-server and local.

When you hit that + sign before those names it will open and show libraries/folders and giving an ok/wink(green) in that connection.

When this is done you are sure you are having correct open valid sessions. (Eguide to all those servers/services)

Running the process flow after that will have no need to open those sessions afterwards while running that flow.

I have experienced situations when that opening afterwards is failing for some reason but starting at the beginning bypasses all issues of that kind.

For that parallel run remember those sessions are started simulteanously on the server using as many sessions as configured.

They will not give feedback (libraries macro-vars) to the session that is your EGuide session, it just the flow control that is working.

---->-- ja karman --<-----
kacperdominik
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you for that hint. However, it is simply not possible to use remote and local codes in the same branch. Perhaps it should be raised to SAS Institute as an idea for the next version.

I think we can close this topic.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation