BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
AllSoEasy
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello all,

I have a large-scale SAS program that I've had completed and functional for quite sometime now. However, I've just transferred to a new computer at work, and after re installing SAS now when I run the program I receive

"An error occurred executing the workspace job 'Exec_AllModels'.

SDS Failed to provide the decoder for the data set. Could not load file or assembly 'System.EnterpriseServices, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The data present in the reparse point buffer is invalid. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80071128"

-I've searched around on Google, and found some people with a similar problem, but not much information or answers provided.

-Also, curiously, the entire program runs and still produces all of the correct output...but I still assume something must be going wrong somewhere and would like to get the issue fixed.

The only thing that has changed from the last error-free run of the program is I am now running SAS from a new computer; however the computer is still a Windows XP 32 bit HP machine -- just with more RAM and a faster CPU. Also I am still using the same version of SAS :SAS 9.2 Enterprise Guide 4.3, and all of the program's code has gone unchanged.

Please let me know any information that you may have.

Thanks!

-Ryan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

In reviewing all known tracks we've had with this error, the resolution has always been tracked to a Microsoft .NET installation problem.

You might try using the .NET install verification tool to check this possibility:

.NET Framework Setup Verification Tool User's Guide - Aaron Stebner's WebLog - Site Home - MSDN...

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

This is a hot candidate for a ticket to SAS tech support.

Data never sleeps
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

New PC?  It sounds like you might have an installation problem.  EG 4.3 requires Microsoft .NET 3.5SP1, and you might be missing the "SP1" part.

This comes with the EG installer and should have been put on the machine by the standard SAS system requirements wizard, but if you need to apply it manually:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=22

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
AllSoEasy
Obsidian | Level 7

A promising suggestion, but unfortunately I have verified that I do have .NET3.5SP1 installed on my machine, and so that is not the issue...again I think the strangest part is the program executes to completion, successfully, producing the correct output each time - however this error message is occurring and is quite troubling because nothing seems to be wrong with the actual setup or execution of the software.

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

In reviewing all known tracks we've had with this error, the resolution has always been tracked to a Microsoft .NET installation problem.

You might try using the .NET install verification tool to check this possibility:

.NET Framework Setup Verification Tool User's Guide - Aaron Stebner's WebLog - Site Home - MSDN...

Chris

chinaski
Obsidian | Level 7

I have had the same problem but your suggestion instantly solved it, thank you very much.

luke_kading
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Chris,

I'm experiencing a similar error, but I believe under different circumstances.  My error says "An error occurred executing the workspace job - The server is disconnected."

My program is reading in six different Excel files via proc import.  Then, I am checking the dates of those files and comparing them to what I am expecting the date to be, to ensure the people responsible for entering the Excel sheets actually did their job without having to go into each file to look.  Then, if any date is not what I'm expecting, I want my program to email me and inform me of the different dates (which are macro values) and abort the rest of the program. This program runs entirely on the local server within SAS EG.

Everything works great, except for the email portion.  When I run that email syntax after all the steps I just mentioned, I get the error I mentioned above.  However, if I were to run that syntax all by itself without importing my files first, it works fine (other than asking for me to allow the email, but I think that's a security thing I can fix with our IT).  After doing some research, I'm thinking it has to do with either my work library and/or my log getting too full after those six imports, and that's why it fails. 

Any thoughts on what I can do to fix this?  I've tried clearing out my work library and log before running the email step, but it still doesn't work.  If I can get this to work like I am intending, it can turn a slightly manual process to be fully automated.

Thanks

sas_9
Obsidian | Level 7

Hey i think you gotta apply hot fix for that EG version...

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 6 in conversation