BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
frisco
Calcite | Level 5
Hi, when we run a series of sas programs in EG, a mystery sas dataset called
_PRODSAVAIL appears at the end of the job. Since I do not routinely create sas datasets that start with an underscore, it would appear that EG is doing so "behind the scenes". Can anyone shed any light on this, and is there an option to suppress it?
8 REPLIES 8
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
Enterprise Guide does generate that data set. It contains a subset of the products that you have licensed and installed on your SAS server. Enterprise Guide occasionally uses the information in this data set to detect whether you have certain products available for use.

It's safe to delete it. You can also edit (carefully!) the EGAuto.sas file (in %appdata%\SAS\Enterprise Guide\4) to remove the DATA step that creates this. Doing so won't have any adverse affects in SAS Enterprise Guide 4.1.

Chris
It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
jklein271
Calcite | Level 5
Where is this code in EG 4.2 now that EGAuto.sas is gone? I've checked the EGOptions.xml and dont see the data step there. In addition, are there other product codes known that you can add to this data step so that it shows all available products on the server? I realize it uses a function to see if it is installed or not, but it's only using a subset of 6 products.

Base BASE prodnum0 sasmeans
SAS/STAT STAT stat sasglm
SAS/GRAPH GRAPH graph sasgchart
SAS/GIS GIS prodnum28 sasgis
SAS/ETS ETS ets sasarima
SAS/QC QC qc sascapab
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
If you want to see a more complete list, try:
- Go to Server List
- Select your SAS server and connect
- Right-click and select Properties
- Software tab: View SAS products

In 4.2, there isn't a way to control/prevent the smaller list from being created. The information is used by SAS Enterprise Guide 4.2 in some cases. For example, the Import Data task detects whether you have SAS ACCESS to PC Files so it can offer PROC IMPORT code.

Chris
It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
jklein271
Calcite | Level 5
Thanks, Chris. I guess I was just hoping it was somewhere I could edit like it was in 4.1.

On our actual production server, it would be nice to show all the available products in this dataset that show up in the "View SAS Server Products" software option that are licensed and installed.

I'm actually just noticing now that after you click "View SAS Server Products", it generates the "SASPRODS" dataset under the work directory which is a complete list of products licensed and installed. Is there any easy way to have this generate without having to go through the GUI? If I could just view the code, I could add it to the session start up code section.

Also, can anyone confirm that the _PRODSAVAIL dataset is actually being driven by my SAS 9.2 PC SAS license and not the SAS Server license? Unfortunately, in my case my license on the 6 products subset are exactly the same in both platforms. This is not the case for other users here.
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
The list pertains to the SAS server you are connected to. Local would be different than SASApp, for example.

I've attached the .SAS program that generates the more complete list. Nothing too magical or secret really. Enjoy.

Chris
klaus918
Calcite | Level 5

Could you share the code that builds the complete product list that you mentioned in this post?

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

This isn't a complete list, but it checks for many products.   proc product_status can also show what you have installed.

data sasprods;
  length prodname $ 30 prodcode $ 10 prodmod $ 10 installed $ 12;
  input prodname 1-30 prodcode prodmod;
  licensed=sysprod(prodcode);
  if (prodmod eq '') then installed="<unknown>";
  else installed = tslvl(prodmod);
cards;
Base                            prodnum0    sasmeans
SAS/STAT                        stat        sasglm
SAS/GRAPH                       graph       sasgchart 
SAS/GIS                         prodnum28   sasgis
SAS/ETS                         ets         sasarima
SAS/QC                          qc          sascapab
SAS/HPF                         hpf         sashpf
SAS/AF                          af          sasbld
SAS/FSP                         fsp         sasfse
SAS/OR                          prodnum5    sasnlp
SAS/IML                         iml         sasiml
SAS/Integration Technologies    prodnum75   sasiospk
SAS/IntrNet                     prodnum54   sasapsam
SAS/SHARE                       share       sasserve
SAS/CONNECT                     prodnum15   saszrlnk
SAS/ASSIST                      assist      .
SAS/Data Quality                prodnum114  sasdqfam 
SAS/Data Quality Server         prodnum256  sasdqfam
SAS/Enterprise Miner            prodnum102  sasdmine
SAS/Text Miner                  prodnum107  sasemclu
SAS/Warehouse Administrator     prodnum41   .
SAS/ACCESS DB2 (Windows/UNIX)   prodnum192  sasiodbu
SAS/ACCESS DB2 (Mainframe)      prodnum192  sasiodb2
SAS/ACCESS Informix             prodnum210  sasionfx
SAS/ACCESS Oracle               prodnum194  sasora
SAS/ACCESS Sybase               prodnum204  sassyb
SAS/ACCESS PC Files             prodnum208  sasdbf
SAS/ACCESS ODBC                 prodnum209  sasioodb
SAS/ACCESS OLEDB                prodnum215  sasioole
SAS/ACCESS R/3                  prodnum216  sassr3
SAS/ACCESS SAP BW               prodnum221  sassr3
SAS/ACCESS Teradata             prodnum219  sastra
SAS/MDDB                        prodnum45   sasmddb
Scalable Performance Data Srvr  prodnum42   .
SAS/SECURE                      prodnum94   .
SAS/SECURE Windows              prodnum95   .
SAS/Toolkit                     prodnum16   sasuserp  
run;

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation