Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

project migration from local to remote

Accepted Solution Solved
Contributor
Accepted Solution

project migration from local to remote

Hi everyone,

I wrote a SAS Enterprise guide project in local on my own PC and I need to migrate it to a remote environment (server) because others PC work with a remote SAS session.

How can I do it fastly without redefining each box from "running on local" to "running on server".

Thanks for the answer,

Arnaud

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎07-08-2014 09:26 AM
Community Manager

Re: project migration from local to remote

There are two options for this.  For a single project, try Tools->Project Maintenance.  This operates on a single project file and allows you to remap server references, library references, and more.

For a collection of projects, try the Migration Wizard (MigrationWizard.exe) which is included in the EG application directory.  It works similar to the Project Maintenance tool, but you can specify a collection of EGP files to revise with new references.  See more here:

SAS(R) 9.4 Intelligence Platform: Desktop Application Administration Guide, Second Edition

Chris

View solution in original post

All Replies
Valued Guide

Many options, as:

- use the conversion option for servers in the Eguide menu's

But remember running on your own PC (windows) and running remote (probably Unix) can have that lot of difference you should test each node in your project.

---->-- ja karman --<-----
Contributor

Hi Jaap,

Thanks for your answer. Could you elaborate more about the "conversion option for servers"? I've never heard about that...

Thanks,

Arnaud

Solution
‎07-08-2014 09:26 AM
Community Manager

There are two options for this.  For a single project, try Tools->Project Maintenance.  This operates on a single project file and allows you to remap server references, library references, and more.

For a collection of projects, try the Migration Wizard (MigrationWizard.exe) which is included in the EG application directory.  It works similar to the Project Maintenance tool, but you can specify a collection of EGP files to revise with new references.  See more here:

SAS(R) 9.4 Intelligence Platform: Desktop Application Administration Guide, Second Edition

Chris

Contributor

Thanks Chris and Jaap. You were both right!

Have a nice day,

Arnaud

☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation