BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
mrom34
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I am testing some code developed on PC SAS on our new EG server and I noticed that some procedures are very slow on EG. I am running this simple code below:

ods output ParameterEstimates=_LinEst;

ods listing close;

proc glm data=_LinearData;

model Log2Fam = reg_cycle / Solution;

by Plate WellID;

run;

quit; 

It takes 15 seconds on PC SAS but more than 11 minutes on EG server. The input data set has more than 100000 row. Is it slow on EG because SAS need to send a lot of information from the server to the client with the ods output? How can make this procedure faster on EG ?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

If your intent is to suppress the ODS "printed output" (because it may be large), then try this:

In your process flow, right-click on the program that generates all of the results, select Properties.

Click the Results tab. Select "Customize results formats, styles, and behavior".

UNCHECK all of the results output formats.

UNCHECK "Automatically open data and results"

See if that runs faster.  This will tell EG to not generate its default ODS statements for creating SAS Report or HTML output.

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
mrom34
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Chris,

Thanks a lot for your answer. It is now much faster.

Romain

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation