BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
mcdonnellmk
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I am new to learning SAS and am trying to get my data to output to an html. I'm using SAS EG 6.1. The code I am using is below, but I keep getting the same error. It seems like it is not going to the right files. Anyone seen this before or know how to fix it?

Code:

ods html body='lob_report.html' style=HTMLBlue;

proc print data=lob_scheds_output;

run;

ods html close;

Error:

ERROR: Insufficient authorization to access /sas/9.4/config/Lev1/CMRApp/lob_report.html.
ERROR: No body file. HTML output will not be created.

Thanks,

Mary Kate 

1 REPLY 1
TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

Yes, it's a common problem in Enterprise Guide. You can't see it, but behind the scenes your SAS code is running on a Unix server (that's why the error message has forward slashes). Since it's a shared server, you don't have access to the default disk directory that SAS uses.

I would suggest you talk to your SAS adminstrator; they should be able to explain what directories you should be using, so that you'll have permissions on them, and even more important, so that you'll be able to access the HTML files from your PC afterward. This will make your "ods" statement look something like:

ods html body='/home/mcdonnellmk/lob_report.html' style=HTMLBlue;

Tom

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation