BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
SEC
Fluorite | Level 6 SEC
Fluorite | Level 6

Is there a way to convert .sas7bitm files from 32 bit to 64 bit?

We are now using EG and need to be able to use the item store files we already have.

If there is not a way to do that, is there a way to 'view' what's in the current .sas7bitm files?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SEC
Fluorite | Level 6 SEC
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks Chris, the 2nd link you provided led me to the STORE statement link. 

Basically, I modified the example code below that was provided and was able to get everything I needed:

proc plm restore=sasuser.mixed;
   show cov Parms;
   lsmeans A B / diff;
   score data=NewData out=ScoreResults;
run;

I appreciate all your help!

Sharon

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
You might be able to use PROC MIGRATE to convert these files - assuming your move was from one OS (like 32-bit Windows) to another (like 64-bit Windows or UNIX). See the doc here:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/proc/68954/HTML/default/viewer.htm#p00mbor90f24mfn192ma4...

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
SEC
Fluorite | Level 6 SEC
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks Chris, but from everything we've seen it doesn't look like we can migrate item store files (as the documentation states below), but I was hoping maybe something has changed?!?

Ok, if we can't migrate/convert, is there a way to READ or VIEW what's in those files? 

Items Stores

PROC MIGRATE supports item stores unless you migrate from a 32-bit to a 64-bit environment. Migrations from 32-bit to 64-bit environments use Remote Library Services (RLS), which does not support item stores. In that case, an error message is not written to the SAS log, but item stores might not work correctly in the target library.
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

I think you'll need access to a SAS environment (32-bit Windows, I guess) that can read them, and then use SAS code to reveal the contents so you can transport.  For example, if you're trying to copy ODS templates, you would use PROC TEMPLATE as doc'd here:

http://support.sas.com/rnd/migration/procmigrate/execution/special_odstemplates.html

For SAS/STAT Linear stores, this topic:

http://support.sas.com/rnd/migration/procmigrate/execution/special_linearitemstore.html

You might want to verify this guidance with SAS Tech Support to see if there are other options.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
SEC
Fluorite | Level 6 SEC
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks Chris, the 2nd link you provided led me to the STORE statement link. 

Basically, I modified the example code below that was provided and was able to get everything I needed:

proc plm restore=sasuser.mixed;
   show cov Parms;
   lsmeans A B / diff;
   score data=NewData out=ScoreResults;
run;

I appreciate all your help!

Sharon

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation