BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Asmam
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi everyone, 

I have a directory linux names Dev, and it has as owner a user named userdev.

The problem is that when I connect with the userdev to SAS Guide Entreprise trying to create a table using a libname LA_DEV pointing to the directory Dev I got this error ! 

ERROR: L'utilisateur n'a pas le bon niveau d'autorisation pour la biblio. LA_DEV.  and that it means ERROR: The user does not have the correct permission level for the library. LA_DEV.

Please help me finding the solution ! 

3 REPLIES 3
Asmam
Fluorite | Level 6

hi @Kurt_Bremser, how can I make sure that SAS metadata user "userdev" uses the system account "userdev". 

I tried to create a guide user that point on the system account as shows the picture below 

Capture222.PNG

but still not working only if i give 777 as an access rights to the directory

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Log on to the UNIX commandline as userdev, change to the directory in question (make sure that it contains the datasets visible in your library as .sas7bdat files), and see if you can create a file there. From your screenshot, it seems that you have the correct system userid.

Are you really sure that you are dealing with the correct path on the correct server? How did you set the permissions? Are you using a standard (not pooled) workspace server? Could it be that the filesystem is mounted read-only?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation