BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.

Hello,

I have created a user defined format in Enterprise Guide and I saved it in a permanent library. I know from Base SAS that in order to tell SAS to search in a particular library so as to find a format we use the fmtsearch option. How can we apply the fmtsearch option using thew GUI?

Thank you very much in advance,

Andreas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASKiwi
PROC Star

If you store your permanent format in a catalog called LIBRARY.FORMATS (LIBRARY is usually one of the SAS automatically setup libraries) by using: proc format library = library, then you wont need FMTSEARCH as SAS looks in LIBRARY.FORMATS automatically.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

You can include the ftmsearch option in the custom code to be sent before the execution of a task, or in the custom code to be sent when a connection to a workspace server is established. Or you could include it in the autoexec_usermods.sas file in the configuration directory of the respective workspace server.

andreas_zaras
Pyrite | Level 9

Hello Kurt,

Thanks for your answer. I was wondering if we could tell SAS EG to search in a particular library for formats through the GUI without using any code. Any ideas?

Thanks again,

Andreas

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

SAS IS code. EVERYTHING is done with code. Every task in EG is nothing but a code generator, and the code generated should be used as the starting pount for serious work.

Startup code is THE one means to automate SAS behaviour, and it is the place where you have to put your ftmsearch option. You just need to determine if you need it everytime for everyone using the workspace server (autoexec_usermods.sas, serverside) or just personally (then use custom code sent from EG).

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

These blog posts might help as well:

http://blogs.sas.com/content/sgf/2014/05/01/autoexecs-the-sas-enterprise-guide-advantage/

And this one, for some context:

http://blogs.sas.com/content/sasdummy/2009/10/20/do-me-a-favor-stop-doing-me-favors/

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
SASKiwi
PROC Star

If you store your permanent format in a catalog called LIBRARY.FORMATS (LIBRARY is usually one of the SAS automatically setup libraries) by using: proc format library = library, then you wont need FMTSEARCH as SAS looks in LIBRARY.FORMATS automatically.

andreas_zaras
Pyrite | Level 9

Thanks for your answer! It works! SA EG searches for formats in the library work and i the permanent library with the name library.

Thanks again,

Andreas

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation