BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi all
Can I export to Excel starting from a specific cell, not from A1 lets say from C3.
Is that possible? If yes How?

and can I export HTML reports to excel or it is only a feature for data sets

Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
deleted_user
Not applicable
Using the Libname engine it is certainly possible to define a range which includes the file, sheet and range values. Using the Microsoft Jet engine, which is EGs method of accessing Excel, I am not sure you can be quite as versatile.

However, when you are defining the Excel data source and have selected the file, it then prompts you for the sheet you require. If you define a "named range" within Excel, I believe it will populate with the sheet names in the data source definition process.

For help on named ranges, look up Excel Help, or go through the control bar for Insert / Name / Define.
deleted_user
Not applicable
I think you are talking about Importing Excel
I'm askin about Exporting to Excel.
deleted_user
Not applicable
No I'm not, the definition is very similar in both directions.

Try it and post any error messages here if it doesn't work.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation