BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
twobluecats
Calcite | Level 5

where is the documentation for setting the options in eg43 by submitting sas code?  i could not locate it in the 93 dvd or the eg help.  specifically, i could not find the syntax for something like:

options resultformatHTML;

or something like that (i assume sas institute has this somewhere).  as with all guis, it is impractical to reproduce and document the desired settings for a point and click gui; therefore, solutions that include clicking little boxes are inadequate.

9 REPLIES 9
TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

Enterprise Guide is a high-level tool that makes the SAS software easier to use for non-SAS programmers. Under the covers, EG is usually creating and submitting SAS code. So anytime you're using a program editor window, or specifying SAS code to be run before or after tasks, you're using the SAS programming language.

SAS makes an extensive reference for the language available online at http://support.sas.com

On the left, select the "Documentation" tab under the "Knowledge Base".

For quickly looking up syntax details, like in your question, the "Programmer's Bookshelf" is an excellent resource.

Tom

twobluecats
Calcite | Level 5

hi, tom - thank you for trying to help out here!  however, of course, i already searched.  in case i was unclear, or too brief, the item i wish to submit as code is the gui action of clicking through the gui options the "Results General - Result Formats - x HTML / default HTML / un-x others"  it is highly impractical to document or expect users to leave settings alone when then run eg43.  therefore, i want to submit code that will set this option.  i found no existant syntax within the statement options in any sas documentation, and presume that it is hidden somewhere, although it is possible that sas inst did not create any syntax for this.  it is critical because of reserved characters in microsoft office2010 that causes a splash screen error message.

TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

Now I understand what you want. I must admit, I don't know how to do exactly what you want, but have you looked at setting up a task template? I don't have any experience with them myself, but I believe they are intended to let you "pre specify" a bunch of options, and let the user change them as needed.

Tom

twobluecats
Calcite | Level 5

hi, tom - i knew of the existance of  task template "task template," but also have not used.  i will look into that and see if it can be accomplished.  whatever it is must sneak in before programs are run.  also a possibility is something in a config file.  nothing from sas inst officially yet...

Reeza
Super User

Isn't that the equivalent of submitting the following in BASE SAS

ods _all_ close;

ods html;

twobluecats
Calcite | Level 5

hi, reeza - thank you for trying to help!  those are not the same, this is a special character conflict that only occurs in eg43 (maybe other versions) due to a gui setting.  i am seeking to find the code to submit this instead of relying upon a gui point/click.

twobluecats
Calcite | Level 5

i forgot to add that it is definitely different because this is only the default output setting.  the programs that will run will never use ods html.  but, i will see if for some quirky reason the ods approach works, although

ods_all_ close;

can shut off things like proc printto inadvertantly, so one needs to exercise caution...

twobluecats
Calcite | Level 5

hi, again, reeza!  i am testing - your answer is half correct, so far Smiley Happy  the first line

ods _all_ close;

seems to reset everything.  i am going through the combinations and output to see if everything works.  in my code, i have proc printto and ods pdf which seems ok.  unsure about the code between your line of code and the first printto / ods appearance...i will reply back after testing.

twobluecats
Calcite | Level 5

hi, it looks like, unfortunately, the only solution is to point/click. reeza's noble suggestion fails in eg because it shuts off everything, including other output and listings. also needed is:

OPTIONS DEV=ACTXIMG;

to ensure no meaningless but annoying warning splash screens associated with pdf output files.

additionally, careful and precise use of:

ODS pdf (id=<id>) EXCLUDE none;

and related, is also mandatory.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation