BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
I am trying to connect oracle through libname method.
where can i find the oracle path for establishing the connection.
Please help me with this
4 REPLIES 4
deleted_user
Not applicable
i installed the oracle on my system and i am trying to connect to it.
i couldnt find the path for oracle.Please help me with this

Thanks
Prathyusha
TomKari
Onyx | Level 15
Hi, Prathyusha

Connecting to a database for the first time can be tricky. First, you have to know which machine is actually making the Oracle connection; it might be your local workstation, if you are using EG connected to your "local" server, or the server that you are connecting to to run SAS.

Once you know this, I suggest the following steps to get the connection working: First, use the Oracle client (sql*plus) to ensure that you can successfully interconnect with the database. You'll need help from the Oracle DBA to do this, both for the client software installation, and the connection parameters that you'll need.

Then try setting up a libname from SAS to connect to the database. I think you'll need a path, schema, userid, and password. If you can get that going, you should be in pretty good shape.

Good luck,
Tom
deleted_user
Not applicable
Thanks Tom
SASKiwi
PROC Star
Usually the secret to getting Oracle connections working is you need Oracle client software (SQL*Net and SQL Plus)installed on your PC or server. Included in this install is a file called TNSNAMES.ORA that defines all of the Oracle databases you need to access. In most companies this is a standard file for all Oracle users. Message was edited by: SASKiwi

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation