Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

Would like help with error: You cannot create a query based on the data imported...

Frequent Contributor

Would like help with error: You cannot create a query based on the data imported...

SAS EG Version:  4.3

Imported data:  Excel 2003 Spreadsheet

Issue:  When I import multiple spreadsheets, I get an error for any file imported after the 1st spreadsheet.  The error message is:  You cannot create a query based on the data imported from....xls.  HOWEVER, if I open a new program and import the exact same file, I am able to use the query builder.

Has anyone come across similar issue and can help me?

thanks,
Jenne

Frequent Contributor

Hi,

I had this same problem and was resolved with the latest hotfix

ftp://ftp.sas.com/techsup/download/hotfix/HF2/D18.html

Nick

Frequent Contributor

Hi Nick,

I tried to install the hotfix as you suggested but was unable to.  I got this error:  Either this package is not applicable for the current platform, or this product cannot be found on your system, so the updates contained in this bunlde will not be installed.

I've confirmed that I have 4.3...so I don't undrestand this error.

Thanks,
Jenne

Trusted Advisor

Jenne,

You may have 4.305 -- that has a different series of hotfixes.

Frequent Contributor

Hi Jen,

Yes, if you have SAS EG 4.305, then try this one.

http://ftp.sas.com/techsup/download/hotfix/HF2/C44.html#C44010

Nick

Frequent Contributor

That worked!  Thank you!!!

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation